Pages

this is my blog about my journey through life with a little princess after suffering the greatest loss of my best friend & love of my life.

i live day by day and when that is too much i live moment by moment.

Monday, August 22, 2011

the week leading up.

Friday August 15th, Joe came outta his rotation bed and into a normal bed and things started to look up. That afternoon he started to wake up. It was incredible. The first time he opened his eyes I was sitting next to him and it honestly scared me. I didnt know he was allowed to wake up yet but it was so incredible to see those big brown eyes. He moved his head and his legs which was a huge step. He mouthed the words I love you to me and his mom which were hard to see since he had a tube but we saw them. Saturday came around and things still looked awesome. His numbers were climbing in the direction we needed and he was more alert. He squeezed my hand and that was a huge step for us. I told him to sleep and he shook his head no at me. I told him I was going to leave and he got the saddest look on his face and he started to cry. :( it was so hard to see, but I was so happy he was making progress. Sunday was not as good of a day. He had a slight fever and was a little restless. His respirator was up that day and he was having a little bit of a hard time breathing on is own. The nurse said that was normal with him coming out of the sedation.

The next couple days seem like a blur to me. He was making big steps! His numbers were looking awesome and he was making huge physical improvements. One day he reached for my cell phone when I told him he needed to teach me how to use it, he mouthed he loved me over and over again. Tuesday he had surgery and had a trache put in his throat which was a HUGE step. A. It meant he was strong enough for surgery, B. it meant he was producing enough pressure to inflate his lungs on his own. Surgery went awesome, things were looking great. He was awake that day still alert and responding to commands. Wednesday he voluntarily moved his hand to touch me which was the first time he had moved without being asked. That day he was also all about moving his arms and legs without being asked. I think he was trying to show us he was strong enough and he wanted to go home. haha.

Then Thursday came. the day that knocked my world off its axis.

No comments:

Post a Comment