Pages

this is my blog about my journey through life with a little princess after suffering the greatest loss of my best friend & love of my life.

i live day by day and when that is too much i live moment by moment.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

the man behind the photos.

today is our anniversary.
happy 3 years baby love :)
so i realize i haven't blogged about joe. all about joe.
what he was like.
what he wasn't.
the ins and outs only i knew.
so thats what this is.
lets talk about the man behind  the photos.
(bear with me. I'm typing one handed..another story for another day.)
okay.

joseph hunter carter.
born: April 1st 1988.
where?: Boulder, CO
joe was adopted by the Carters when he was 8. 
his birth mom Susan couldn't take care of him and the Carters took him in.
favorite color? black.
favorite food? cheese anything. cheese tortilla. cheese burrito. grilled cheese. mac & cheese. cheese.
favorite drink? mountain dew. 
favorite alcohol? budlight lime. girl drink i know.
favorite music? techno or gangster ghetto crap. weirdo.
best friend? me. mat. nick. kyle. adam.
biggest flaw? hm. over analytical. he freaked out so easily.
most attractive feature? confidence, and his eyes & smile.
what made me fall in love with him? he made me laugh. and for the first time i could be myself around someone. he was always my biggest fan even when i was making bad choices. he gave me the self confidence i needed.
what he was best at? music. finding music. he LOVES music. its sick. but he was good at it. so good at it.
-hes a kid at heart. he watched cartoons more than a 10 year old.
-he acts like a clown in public. he doesn't care who stares and the more people that stare the happier he is.
-he views strange things as beautiful. hello he wanted to marry me. ha.
-he has a heart 10000000 times what you would think.
-he kinda played this BA attitude to people he didn't know. he thought he was someone. but deep down he would really give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.
-he wanted to change the world.
-he always wanted to "invent" something.
-he had all these ideas in his head of amazing things. sometimes i would just look at him and be like babe where did you come up with that? but then later i would be like dang he may be on to something.
-he never ever ever thought he was good enough for ANYONE or thought he was doing anything right.
-he struggled with anxiety and depression.
-he played xbox more than he breathed.
-and he was damn good at it. 
-he spent more time in the bathroom mirror in one day than me and all my high school friends and i combined for prom. no exaggeration.
-he really didn't like kissing. but i made him do it anyway.
-he was a neat freak. i wake up on a saturday to the freaking vacuum at 830 am cause he couldn't sleep because the room needed to be vacuumed. no lie.
-he was NOT a handy man. he couldn't fix anything.
-he LOVES soccer.
-he LOVES the bengals.
-he always snuggled me to sleep.
-he refused to ever be seen shirtless. 
-he was always on top of our finances. he checked online banking more than he text me.
-he was a technology geek.
-my boyfriend was a geek.
-he was so in love with me and i didn't realize exactly how much until it he was in a coma.
-he was a drama king. so so so much drama.
-he didn't grow up until i gave him the ultimatum with alexis coming.
-the day alexis was born i can guarantee you was the happiest day of his life. I've never seen him glow like he did when he was around her.
-he was my everything.
-he would never wear the same pair of socks twice. we bought socks a lot.
-but he would wear the same NASTY DIRTY puma tennis shoes.
-he wore shorts in the winter. and pants in the summer.
-hes backwards.
-he had an awful temper.
- he would have done anything to make me happy.
- he was NOT perfect.
-we fought at least once everyday.
- i thought about moving out and didn't think we would last once a week.
-but we always worked it out.
-he loves his family. i don't think they knew how much he really idolized them.
- joe put his big brother on a pedestal. Joey was his idol. he never thought he would be as good as his brother was and always wanted to be closer to him. 
-he would wear black on black everyday if he could.
-he thought he looked best in a black v neck tee.
-he had a soft spot for cats. in the course of a 3 year relationship we had 3. 
- he played computer games with mat all the way until he was 22.
-if he had it his way, he would have NEVER EVER EVER worked again.
- he played the lottery like it was his job.
-he was going to win one day and he was going to be set.
-never work again, pay off his bills, give some to his family and be happy.
-he was a planner.
-everything was ALWAYS planned WAYYYY in advance.
-if we went to the movies, we were there 45 minutes early, no lie.
-oh yeah, we saw a movie every friday.
-and ate chipotle (GROSS) but he LOVED it.
-he worried about money so much.
- he never ever had enough money.
-he was a litttttttle OCD.
-by a little i mean ALOT.
-he carried his phone around in a "blanket" i called it. which was a stupid towel thing.
-he took care of the stuff he bought.
-he took care of his family.
-but he made sure he didn't forget himself in that process. he wasn't that humble. ha.
-he loved others with all his heart.
-he just wanted to help people.
-he was SO funny.
-he would say the stupidest crap but could also be so sappy and cute. 
- i got a sappy love text once a day, back then it was annoying. now i reread them everyday.
-the last text i ever got says " they are starting soon. i love you both so much. i will talk to you asap."

there is so much more to my joe, but this gives you a little light into the man behind the pictures.
the love we shared was one that couldn't be made up. its stuff for the movies and everyone should get to feel that once in their life.
although my time with him was short, i wouldn't give any of it up for anything.
id give my whole world for one more day with him.
i take him with me everyday and still am able to fall more in love with him just from the stories i hear from  others and my memories.

there will never ever be another man like my joe.
and i wouldn't have it any other way.
he is my joe.
although i may move forward with my life, and find a man who can treat me just as good, there will never be another man like joe in my life and my heart will always beat to the sound of his drum. he is forever apart of me.
"our love is like the wind, although i may not be able to see it, i can feel it."
joe and i will always be in love.

happy anniversary baby tiger <3 
can't believe its been 3 years since that moment in your driveway when you FINALLY asked me to be your "woman" 
i love you more than the stars in the sky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment